News

Chase and Tyler Foundation launch Poverty Appeal fundraiser

By Shepparton News

Following the death of her two sons to carbon monoxide poisoning in 2010, Vanessa Robinson has dedicated her life to raise awareness of the silent killer.

Chase, 8, and Tyler, 6, Robinson died from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by an unserviced gas heather in their rented Mooroopna home.

Following the tragedy, Ms Robinson established the Chase and Tyler Foundation, a for purpose organisation that raises awareness of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, gas and fuel burning appliance safety and energy poverty across Australia. 

Vanessa Robinson with a photo of her sons Chase and Tyler.

Last month Ms Robinson launched a Facebook fundraiser called the Winter Energy Poverty Appeal, which aims to raise $10,000 in 2019 to help provide blankets and carbon monoxide alarms to community members suffering from energy poverty.

The Facebook page said these community members were at a higher risk of using unsafe gas and fuel burning appliances and therefore more likely to suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Appeal will provide community members with a plush queen size blanket, a carbon monoxide alarm and various publications on gas and fuel burning appliance safety and carbon monoxide poisoning prevention.

To donate or to find out more about the appeal, follow this link.