News

Gas leak from stove evacuates activity centre and kinder

by
May 29, 2018

The Mooroopna Education and Activity Centre and Alexandra St Kindergarten were evacuated yesterday due to a gas leak.

: The Mooroopna Education and Activity Centre and Alexandra St Kindergarten were evacuated yesterday due to a gas leak.

Occupants of the Mooroopna Education and Activity Centre and the adjoining Alexandra St Kindergarten were evacuated for some time yesterday following a gas leak.

More than 20 children were evacuated from the kindergarten and about 15 adults, many of whom were inside the activity centre.

Mooroopna CFA captain Ray Stockwell said the leak came from a small stove where the gas knob had been left in the ‘‘on’’ position.

‘‘The staff did a great job with the evacuation,’’ Mr Stockwell said.

Two CFA units from Shepparton and one from Mooroopna attended the incident.

The intersection of Morrell St and Alexandra St was closed to traffic while the scene was cleared.

Mooroopna Education and Activity Centre staff and the kindergarten children were able to return to the buildings within about 20 minutes.

By
More in News
Login Sign Up

Dummy text