A group of children left unsupervised during a get-together sparked a Shepparton house fire Saturday night, leading to the evacuation of 15 people from the family home.
A Shepparton Police spokesperson said a curtain had been set on fire after the children played with a match in the bedroom of a house on Leffers St.
A girl, 12, was taken to GV Health for observation, after she suffered smoke inhalation from the incident.
Shepparton police, fire and ambulance services arrived at the home just before 7.30pm, but residents had already put the fire out.
Police say damage was confined to the one bedroom.